Big Day of Giving: May 4, 2023
Help Expand Braille Across Sacramento
Our new Braille Production & Training program is growing rapidly as local organizations hire us to Braille everything from menus and playbills to manuals and brochures.
With our Braille services in high demand, we are creating a job training program for people with vision loss so they can train in a growing career and make a significant reduction in the high unemployment rate of 70% for blind and low vision folks.
We are moving quickly and nimbly to develop this new community resource and job training program, but our machines are old, slow, loud, clunky and unable to keep up with demand. We need to purchase new technology:
- VP Rogue Embosser to create customized products such as business cards.
- Irie BrailleSheet 120 to create tactile maps, graphs and more.
- 2 Irie BrailleTrac 120s to replace 20+year old-equipment for faster and quieter mass production.
This Big Day of Giving, help us reach our $22,000 goal to update our technology so we can expand Braille across Sacramento and create jobs for people with vision loss.
Donate to Society for the Blind at BigDayofGiving.org/SocietyfortheBlind
- Schedule an online donation starting April 20
- Give online on Big Day of Giving, May 4
- Mail a check to us ahead of Big Day of Giving: 1238 S Street, Sacramento, CA 95811
Support Society and Spread the Word